AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Preroll

cpw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
cpw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm having trouble managing the frequency cap for my youtube pre roll campagins. I notice in settings that frequency cap is for display network only. Is youtube preroll apart of the GDN? I need to make it so 1 user sees 1 preroll ad per day but currently its not working.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

YouTube ads Pre-Roll cap

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cpw;

As far as I remember, the cap on pre roll InStream preroll video ads on YouTube is 7 min:users will be shown no more than one video ad every 7 minutes

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Hello CPW,   Thank you for your question! The way to set...

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hello CPW,

Thank you for your question! The way to set the frequency capping for the preroll ads is in fact through the same area you would set it for the Display Network (YouTube is on the display network as well). Although the system will do its best to adhere to the capping you have set, there are instances where it may serve above the cap. Is there a drastic amount of times that the ad is being shown over the frequency capping? If so, this may be something you will want to contact our direct support line at 866-2-GOOGLE so they can take a look at the account specifics with you. 

In addition, Moshe you are correct in that users willl be shown no more than one video ad every 7 minutes, however this will not impact an advertiser wishing for only one user to not see their ad more than once a day.  The user would still be able to see an advertisers ads multiple times a day, they would just only be shown ads once every 7 minutes.

Best,

Sherry

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

YouTube ads Pre-Roll cap

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cpw;

As far as I remember, the cap on pre roll InStream preroll video ads on YouTube is 7 min:users will be shown no more than one video ad every 7 minutes

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Hello CPW,   Thank you for your question! The way to set...

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hello CPW,

Thank you for your question! The way to set the frequency capping for the preroll ads is in fact through the same area you would set it for the Display Network (YouTube is on the display network as well). Although the system will do its best to adhere to the capping you have set, there are instances where it may serve above the cap. Is there a drastic amount of times that the ad is being shown over the frequency capping? If so, this may be something you will want to contact our direct support line at 866-2-GOOGLE so they can take a look at the account specifics with you. 

In addition, Moshe you are correct in that users willl be shown no more than one video ad every 7 minutes, however this will not impact an advertiser wishing for only one user to not see their ad more than once a day.  The user would still be able to see an advertisers ads multiple times a day, they would just only be shown ads once every 7 minutes.

Best,

Sherry