AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Managed Placement Ads (Display Network)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I want to run ads on Youtube via the Display Network. Rather than providing my own content I want to run the ads on related content (text, banners etc). The problem I am having with the Placement Tool it is only bringing up one option. I tested by using broader keywords such as floors, flooring etc but no joy.

The project is a service business so targeting has been limited to the south east of the UK. 

So, would this create a problem of opportunities for placements?

And finally,  would love to hear from the community if they have had success with targeting ads on Youtube via Display Network using placements. Or, uses a different method to get results.

Look forward to your feedback. :-)

Thanks,

Danny.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube Managed Placement Ads (Display Network)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Danny,

In order to specifically target You Tube, go to the particular ad group and click on Targeting and then select Placements. After that type in youtube.com and it will give all sorts of options you have to target your ads on You Tube. It would be something like this:-

YouTube.png

You can select the appropriate placements and try to target the selective You Tube placements like that.

Also make sure that to get as much relevant traffic from You Tube, you are adding exclusions as well.

Read this help center reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456100?hl=en

Pankaj

Re: Youtube Managed Placement Ads (Display Network)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Pankaj,

Thanks for coming back to me. This option if I understand right, works if you are not looking to place directly on a chosen channel / video. You are required to filter using the narrow option (keywords etc).
I ran some test with the placement tool and used the keyword DIY. From all the options one channel appeared. Does this not seem odd? I would have thought with such a broad keyword the placement tool would give me a monster list of options.

I could use your suggestion above and then negate by filtering and narrowing down with keywords etc but still quite broad in the sense of targeting.

Unless I am misreading your response?

Any help will be much appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Danny.