AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have uploaded my own video content to Youtube and it is being used for Google Adwords advertising without my permission.

I would like to know why this is happening and how it has been authorised?

The issue here is that it is my own intellectual property which is being unlawfully used for advertising and so I need to get to the bottom of it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Youtube Adwords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi susheelaraman,

Do you have some Adwords account linked to your Google account? Try logging in into google.com/adwords using your Youtube account login and see if you own some Adwords campaign which is set to target your Youtube video. There might be a scenario where this is happening.

If that's not the case, contact Adwords support for this issue here

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Need some more information. How is your video being used for advertising? Do you have a Google AdSense account linked to your YouTube profile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure, I am the artist of music videos uploaded but I do not manage the Youtube account. I don't think an Adsense has been linked to it though.

I just want to know why this advertising is coming up? Is it just controlled by Youtube or must the account holder have 'enabled' it on the account? Or something else??

Thank you for your response.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The YouTube account holder would have enabled it for this video by claiming it is their copyright and thus being allowed to put adverts on it. If you want to file a complaint and have it removed, follow the instructions in this link. http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=113113

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi susheelaraman,

Do you have some Adwords account linked to your Google account? Try logging in into google.com/adwords using your Youtube account login and see if you own some Adwords campaign which is set to target your Youtube video. There might be a scenario where this is happening.

If that's not the case, contact Adwords support for this issue here

Hope this helps!

Pankaj