AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set Rs.2000 as the daily budget limit and Default CPC and Maximum CPC both to Rs.1. The Ad never appeared in the google search results and when I use the AdPreview and diagnostics it shows the above message. In my active campaigns, the clicks are shown as 0. What is happening?

Re: Your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending to

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

What do you mean by default CPC when you write "Default CPC and Maximum CPC both to Rs.1".

As far as I know there is no field in the campaign configuration entitled "default cpc" , could you share a print-screen to see where it appears ?

Also please check the similar discussion here that has a solution :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Your-campaign-budget-doesn-t-enable-additi...

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I found what you call "Default CPC" was the "Ad group default bid" . That only matters if you use automatic bidding or you add a new keyword . Otherwise you can set a keyword bid that will override the ad group default bid.

As 1 RS is 1.6 USD cents, that is 0.01 $ I think that bid is too low and all your keywords would have the status "Below first page bid estimate" .

Can you check what is the status of your keywords and what is the estimate for the first page bid ?

How many keywords do you have in this campaign set for 2000 RS per day ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are right - in the keywords tab it shows Rs. 1 as "Below first page bid" for all my three keywords, which are Rs.107, Rs.87 and Rs. 37. This is too high a cost for one click. Will the price reduce if I choose only one keyword?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok I just read some stuff that low quality score results in higher first page bid cost. My keywords, Ad, and landing page are all quite relevant to one another and Google is playing cheap tricks to make me shell out more.

Besides, the message "doesn't enable additional spending TODAY" is created by some Google guy with his head inside his **bleep**, as it would actually never appear any day based on the first page bid estimate and my CPC setting.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi. Have you done your market research ( including Competitors analysis and Keyword analysis) properly? Max cpc depends on the real time auction of the keywords of a particular time frame. If your keywords' normal cpc is in the range of Rs50 to Rs. 100 and you select the cpc bid as Re 1 for your keywords, then you will not show in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page). Therefore adjust your keywords bid as per the current market price of the particular keywords.

Top position will be determined by the AD rank of the particular ad which is again determined by quality score of the keywords and bid prices.

(Kindly refer to: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3205241?hl=en&rd=1)

You have mentioned that your landing pages and keywords are quiet relevant. But you have not shared the quality score of particular keywords. For your reference if your quality score is 6 - 8 or above then you have to pay less, but again if your quality score is 1 - 4 / 5, then naturally you have to pay more for better keywords position.

Kindly check your quality score.

Alternatively, if you want you can share your screen shot so that I can diagnose your problem effectively.

Please feel free to post if you need any other help regarding adwords campaign management.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

For the first 1000 impressions you are awarded the QS of the "market" for that keyword.

To improve the estimated first page bid try the following :

1) Build some Ads . When you have no ads in the ad group, the estimated first page bid is unusually high and the quality scores are unusually low. After you create the ads wait for a couple of hours to see how the estimates adjust themselves.

2) Restrict your geo targeting. Use the main Cities that your market can service, not large areas. This reduces competition for keywords and lowers the prices.

3) Add negative keywords like "free" or "review" this restricts the number of appearances of your ads to only a handful or relevant search terms ( what users type in the search engine), more relevancy for your keywords results in a lower first page bid estimate.

4) Use all the keyword match types not only "natural language" because that is interpreted as "simple broad match" and it matches a lot of irrelevant search terms. Bid higher for the exact match, lower for the phrase match and lower for the broad modified match. For example this is how your keywords can be :

+word1 +word2 = 50 RS  (this is Broad modified match )

"word1 word2" = 51 RS ( this is phrase match )

[word1 word2] = 52 RS (this is exact match )

5) Do a keyword research for prices using the Keyword planner