AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube ads only partners content?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks

Just saw this video where the Google rep claims that ads are only shown on "approved content", partner content, as opposed to user generated content.

Watch at 9.55 min in video.

This kind of surprised me, and I am not sure they actually means by that.

Does anyone have further information?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YouTube ads only partners content?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think it means that if a channel did not choose to monetize their channel they are not called "a partner".

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I think she refers to the YouTube monetization program. (For users who have a YouTube channel, with their unique content))
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

If you are a Youtube partner (have a monetized channel) you've the ability to show ads on your own videos and hence earn money. You've the ability also to disable it.

But ads may appear next to your uploaded videos even if you are not a Google partner (haven’t monetized the videos yourself) as in the following URL:-
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2475463?hl=en&ref_topic=12633

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I really can´t understand what she means by "content that has been approved by us".

I am sure Google doesn´t watch through all content that could possibly show ads

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@ David;
Google does check the content (by a human reviewer) before accepting a channel to the monetization program.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’