AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

[ YOUR HELP NEEDED! ] Campaign Performance: Good CTR, Good CVR but decreasing Impressions & Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys!

This is my situation:

-CTR is avg 20%

-CVR is avg 10%

-Avg Position is at least 3

-Quality score is 7 lowest

The catch is that my impressions and clicks are drastically dropping for a week now. I don't know why. 35% of my daily budget is unspent. My bids are at least 20% higher than my my avg CPC. And all this started when I made changes on my text ads (my campaign is search only). These are the same changes that gave me the numbers l listed in the bullets above.

I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks a lot! 

-Francis

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ YOUR HELP NEEDED! ] Campaign Performance: Good CTR, Good CVR but decreasing Impressions & Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys!

This is my situation:
-CTR is avg 20%
-CVR is avg 10%
-Avg Position is at least 3
-Quality score is 7 lowest

The catch is that my impressions and clicks are drastically dropping for a week now. I don't know why. 35% of my daily budget is unspent. My bids are at least 20% higher than my my avg CPC. And all this started when I made changes on my text ads (my campaign is search only). These are the same changes that gave me the numbers l listed in the bullets above.

I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks a lot!
-Francis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Probably the problem is on the changes you made on the text ads. You had some ads that perfomed good and now you don't. 

Compare the paused ads (the ones you changed) with the ones you have now running and see the differences in the metrics you provided in the bullets. 

With the changes you made you may have drop the Quality score on your main keywords or you may dropped the CTR (you don't mention what CTR you had before the changes).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You can also check the Quality Score of the account before and the current Quality Score by adding in the "Historical Ad Relevance" column.

Did you test the ads against each other or just create a fresh set of ads?

When you update all your ads, it also sends them through reapproval. That could account for the drop in clicks/impressions.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I would attribute it to seasonality  (summer...?? ) or changes in competition. One week is not enough time for analysis.

Check the auction report  for new competitors in the business.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's the thing because my CTR before the text ad change was 18% average then it was 20% after the changes. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had one old ad (control) running while i have a new one (test). I was testing them against each other. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do see a couple of new competitors on the auction report. How do you suggest I get back my impression share? Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Go to all campaigns and modify the columns you see. Go to Competitive metrics and add Search Lost IS (rank) and Search lost IS (budget). 

See if you have to improve the ad rank or spend more on budget.

Check what exactly these two columns do  here

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Well, two points to note:

ststically not much difference between 18% and 20%.... The 2%  difference is commonly within the margin of error.

So I would wait awhile, check the Lost IS as @Digiticed  suggested, and if there is a significant decline in lost IS, I would raise the bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’