AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

XmlException

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am trying to use the AdWords API to upload some images stored locally on my computer to AdWords, but whenever I try, I keep on getting this same error message:

An exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException' occurred in System.Xml.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

It occurs at this line

adGroupService.mutate(operations.ToArray());

where

operations = new List<AdGroupOperation>();

I can't figure out what the issue is. I was originally working from a web.config file, which was functioning fine for other purposes. I have run this through an XML validator, and no errors have been found. I tried adding an App.config file as well, as that was also mentioned on the AdWords site, and I read that this error could come from not being able to find the correct file, but I still had the same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It would be fantastic if it would tell me what file this error is supposedly in but I don't know how to get that information.

Thanks,

Conor

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: XmlException

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Conor,
Try posting this on the dedicated AdWords API forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api

You might find your answer there!

Kathleen