AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

XmlException

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am trying to use the AdWords API to upload some images stored locally on my computer to AdWords, but whenever I try, I keep on getting this same error message:

An exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException' occurred in System.Xml.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

It occurs at this line

adGroupService.mutate(operations.ToArray());

where

operations = new List<AdGroupOperation>();

I can't figure out what the issue is. I was originally working from a web.config file, which was functioning fine for other purposes. I have run this through an XML validator, and no errors have been found. I tried adding an App.config file as well, as that was also mentioned on the AdWords site, and I read that this error could come from not being able to find the correct file, but I still had the same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It would be fantastic if it would tell me what file this error is supposedly in but I don't know how to get that information.

Thanks,

Conor

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: XmlException

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Conor,
Try posting this on the dedicated AdWords API forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api

You might find your answer there!

Kathleen