AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

XML feed for dynamic display ads for Flights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

One of my clients is an airline company whose fares change on just about a daily basis. They utilize an XML feed. We are trying to utilize the Dynamic Remarketing Ads for them and are looking for a way to utilize the XML feed within the Business Data section of Adwords so that it is pulling directly from that XML feed. Is there a way to make that work?

Thanks,

Jen

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: XML feed for dynamic display ads for Flights

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Target M,

You also know that is it not possible to use xml file for create of feed so the only a way is that You use xml to csv, .tsv, .xls, or xlsx converter for collecting data from your client xml file or you open xml file & manually create xls.
There are many tools are avilable & they take few minites for converting xml file in to csv, .tsv, .xls, or xlsx file format. after converting xml file, you adjust the data according to feed format.

you can take help from following URL:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en

& for converter you converter use following url:

http://www.luxonsoftware.com/converter/xmltoexcel 

it's very helpful for you.

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We were wondering if there is a way that we can have the Adwords business data automatically pull from their XML as opposed to needing to manually convert to a csv every day. Would the Adwords API be a solution for this?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Yes the AdWords API allows you to push data to Business data for dynamic remarketing, see this guide:
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/dynamic-remarketing

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi maxime T,

Thanks to share this URL but Can you elaborate the code for more help. because I am not much friendly with adwords API. So can you discuss in detail by using which code we get automatically the csv formate of XML file.

If I am wrong to understand you, welcome to correct me.

Regards
Mohit

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hi Mohit,

With the AdWords API you send the data not as a CSV or XML file but via programmatic calls.
It's up to you to write a program that reads your input XML feed, parse it and submit each individual item to the AdWords API using the right function calls.
It definitely takes a bit of work but for a good programmer it's not that difficult.

- Maxime