AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Would my keyword compete with each other?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would my keyword compete with each other if i use all match types in same adgroup? For instance,

let say my keyword is lemon pasta so i use broad, phrase and exact match of the same keyword in one adgroup so should they compete with each other or not? Please explain it briefly?

[Note: As i also know that i make separate adgroups with all match types and use other match types as negative across the adgroup but i only want to know what happen when we add all in same adgroup, shouldn't they compete with each other?]

Re: Would my keyword compete with each other?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Monikaji,

Welcome to the community.

I will suggest you to go through the following link.You will get your answer.

How similar keywords match to search terms.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Re: Would my keyword compete with each other?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

In addition to what Shuva has suggested, I would suggest you should read petebardo's answer in this thread. It will give you clarity in this matter. Although the thread is about a question which is a bit diffrent from yours but the logic of mini auction still applies. 

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog