AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

With what method is GSP Form data submited?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

does anyone know how the GSP form data is sended to a customer landingpage? May I use the POST method to send data? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: With what method is GSP Form data submited?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sebastian
Great question. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for your right now though. I have not used forms in GSP yet but I'd be surprised if they don't allow you to grab the data from the POST superglobal. It's got to be one or the other right?

Can you explain exactly what you're trying to do? Simply grab the form data after it's submitted?

You can check out this detailed spec sheet too: http://yvettevanboven.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/GSPCreativeSpecsSheet.pdf

It's really good but doesn't have the form method info in it unfortunately. Send me your use case and I'll see what I can find.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
thank you for your response, but I found out that I can't use POST method anyway since I can't send data directly to the server without sending user to a Landing Page.

Shame there are no more details about that form. There is a link in my spec with some "Google Docs instructions", but I don't have access to it.

I was thinking about GET method, but there are some sensetive informations so it wouldn't be safe to use it.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sebastian,

Yes, you can use the POST method to pass data to your database for GSP.

In my experience, you need to pull the data from the GSP form, append it to the destination URL ( which you need to configure to load in the GSP creative code as well) like this:

www.mydomain.com/?utm_source=GSP&utm_medium=xyz&utm_content=creative1

Once you have these values appended to your URL and when the URL loads in a seperate tab or window upon a successful form fill, you can strip the values from it and pass the same to your database.

A bit technical, I agree but I have managed to successfully record all data for my GSP campaign by following these steps.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks for confirmation Shashank. I figured it would be pointless without being able to access the data from POST.

Sebastian, you should be easily able to pull the form data from the URL using whatever language you use on your site.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Your Welcome Dave!

Was only able to run a successful GSP campaign after trying out atleast 3 -4 different options with my technical team.

Now that we know this process works for us, we are following it for every creative we create and campaign that we run.

@Sebastian - Hope this helps you solve your issue.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Can you share the html code of the option that worked for you?
Thanks,