AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

With quality score being such an important factor, why is it not shown by default?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I love using quality score feature to improve client campaigns.

Improving qs not only reduces click costs, it can improve ad positions and increase conversions.

Why is it not shown, by default? Surely if all advertisers were encouraged to improve qs we would greatly improve user experience!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: With quality score being such an important factor, why is it not shown by default?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bgm_ppc, it's a good question and one I'm pretty sure I've asked myself in the past. One reason I can think of is that QS tends to change quite rapidly when a campaign first starts and hasn't collected any of it's own data.  Seeing a QS change dramatically might cause users to worry unnecessarily.

To be honest though that's just a guess and in fairness there are other columns I'd include by default and some I think don't need to be there.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits