AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Windows 10 and AdWords Editor search & replace in Highlights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently installed windows 10 on my Laptop but now AdWords Editor 11.5.7 has some problems. First of all the font size is different (big font size for menu on left side; very small font size for other text). But I also have problems with the find & replace function for the Highlight extensions.

If I choose for 'Replace text' I can only replace text in the 'Comments' field. If I try to select another option in the pulldown menu, I only can choose for 'Comments' but I want to replace text in the highlights. On other PC's with Windows 8 this is working fine, but on my laptop with windows 10 not for some reason.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Windows 10 and AdWords Editor search & replace in Highlights

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Re: font size. Check your zoom setting, in the bottom right corner of the main window. You might have tweaked it accidentally.

Re: Replace Text. This has nothing to do with Windows or Editor versions - it never worked on this view, the view where you attach extensions to campaigns and ad groups. It works on shared extensions under Shared Library (there's a link in the bottom left corner; and also on the edit pane for every extension, look for "Edit these {extensions} in the shared library").

Be aware that modifying a shared extension affects every campaign and ad group it's attached to (the Associations column shows you how many will be affected).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Font size: this does not change the size of the menu on the left or the different design of the arrows, but that's fine I can work with it.

Replace text in highlight extensions: Yes, it is under shared library, thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem with the font of the left panel and some other parts of the Adwords Editor...
I'm using Windows 10 too. Is not the zoom setting.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Could you show a screenshot (be careful to redact personal information)? I am running Editor on Windows 10 myself, and the fonts look normal to me on my machine, for what it's worth.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was normal 2 days ago... I don't know what happened...

Untitled-1.jpgPrint screen

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Seems OK to me - what do you feel is wrong with this look?

Campaign names are shown in bold to indicate that there are changes somewhere under them (in this case, new not-yet-posted ads). Similarly names of item types in the type navigation section on the bottom left (bold where edits exist).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In the print looks better than when I using it Smiley Sad

Even without the bold, the font is much bigger (50% bigger) than the panel bellow ("GERENCIAR") and the edition panel, where I create the ads is with bigger fonts too.

Before, I didn't have to use horizontal scroll in the panel where I edit the ads, now I have a scroll bar there.

If I change the zoom, this only affects the panel where have the columns. I think that the zoom was make to change all the texts, I'm right?

Thanks!

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

If you don't mind me asking - what's your setting under Start > Settings > System > Display > "Change the size of text ..."?

SizeOfText.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, No problem, it's 100%. From the start I looked this setting, because really looks like a error related to this, but it's not... In the advanced, they have some configuration to change only some parts of the text (like title) and in this part, they are all 9, but I never changed this part. But, the best part, today is normal... I don't know if it was a update from Windows or other thing... I didn't change anything, but now is OK, I attached a print to show the difference. Many thanks for your attention Smiley Happy

Untitled-2.jpgCurrent view