AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Will the Google Chrome update flash affect my Dynamic Ad creative?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

With Google Chrome pausing automatic flash creative from loading starting September 1st, I'm concerned about my dynamic remarketing campaigns taking a hit. For all of my dynamic ads currently running I have chosen, “Let adwords pick from available layouts,” rather than just picking one HTML5 or flash layout. Because of this I am running a mix of both HTML5 and Flash ads. 

Should I be worried about Chrome's update or is Google smart enough to show HTML5 ads in place of Flash ads in Chrome?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will the Google Chrome update flash affect my Dynamic Ad creative?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Casey P;

Yes, you should;

You should migrate all your ads to HTML5.

Use this tool to check if your ads are eligible for automatic migration.

https://developers.google.com/swiffy/convert/upload

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV I appreciate the help. I'm confused simply because the ads I'm referring to are dynamic remarketing ads and therefore I did not actually create them. In creating the ads I simply went > ad gallery > dynamic ads>dynamic image ads > "Let Adwords pick from available layouts" and in return i got a mix of both HTML5 and Flash creatives that were auto populated.

I know that I could instead choose "select one layout" but I would rather Ad words continue pick the one that is likely to perform best.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

To my knowledge, those ads will be automatically converted.

Check one of them using the link I provided to see if they are converted "smoothly".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would like to think that they would be automatically converted as well but I haven't been able to find much info on it at the moment so I'm not sure. Also, I may be missing something but I'm not sure how to test one of the Google created Flash ads with the link you gave me because I don't have the ad on my computer anywhere. The ad was solely created in Adwords so I don't have access to the raw file.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yep;

I see your point on this, I crossed my mind after posting that this could be an issue since  those are dynamic remarketing ads.

Let me ask Google to comment here;

@KathleenG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi All,

We'll automatically select the HTML5 ad if you selected to "Let AdWords automatically pick from your preferred layouts ". If you selected a Flash template specifically, we'll automatically extend your ad into a minimal HTML5 template, so you can still serve the ad in Google Chrome.

More details on Flash to HTML5 migration here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6249073?hl=en

Kathleen