AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Will pausing my campaign hurt me when I restart it...?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our campaign is doing very well - our positioning has improved dramatically with an increase in budget.  In fact, we have gotten so many leads in the last week that I really need to pause the campaign while we hire a new crew.  NOT complaining!  My fear is that by pausing my campaigns will "lose ground"?   Or, assuming I turn it back on with the same budget,  will I jump right back in where I was...?  In other words, is there momentum to be lost by pausing?  Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for any insight!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Will pausing my campaign hurt me when I restart it...?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ittx,

My understanding is that there is no direct effect on your rankings by pausing campaigns.  The changes that happen outside of your campaign is what you'll have to deal with when you turn them back on.  There is no gauarantee that you'll be right were you were at the time of pausing.  Competition can change, search and browsing habits can change etc... 

A short period pause shouldn't cause you too much hassle but an extended pause will leave room for competitiors to better their campaigns while yours is stagnant.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Will pausing my campaign hurt me when I restart it...?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ittx,

My understanding is that there is no direct effect on your rankings by pausing campaigns.  The changes that happen outside of your campaign is what you'll have to deal with when you turn them back on.  There is no gauarantee that you'll be right were you were at the time of pausing.  Competition can change, search and browsing habits can change etc... 

A short period pause shouldn't cause you too much hassle but an extended pause will leave room for competitiors to better their campaigns while yours is stagnant.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’