AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Will pausing adwords campaigns for a short while reset data to zero?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to pause my campaigns for a few hours every month when the website goes down for maintenance. Will this mean data on all campaigns will be reset to zero? This will defeat my judgement on how the campaigns are faring periodically and I really need all historical data fto be intact or my analytical purpose.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Will pausing adwords campaigns for a short while reset data to zero?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi nimzy,

No the data will not reset. It's only that you will have zero statistics for the time your campaigns are in pause state.

I would also like to caution you about the Adwords policy of constantly reviewing the ad copies (even if they are paused).

Hence if your website goes under maintenance for some days (or some hours), there is a slight possibility of ad disapproval if you are directing them to the pages which goes under maintenance for sometime. You shouldn't be much worried about them at that particular time and what step you can take (if that situation arises) is that you can re-submit your ads for review so that Adwords support can check the destination URLs and your ad status is regained (i.e. approved).

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nimzy,

No, the campaign data will not reset to zero.

You can pause your campaign without losing data.

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi nimzy,

No the data will not reset. It's only that you will have zero statistics for the time your campaigns are in pause state.

I would also like to caution you about the Adwords policy of constantly reviewing the ad copies (even if they are paused).

Hence if your website goes under maintenance for some days (or some hours), there is a slight possibility of ad disapproval if you are directing them to the pages which goes under maintenance for sometime. You shouldn't be much worried about them at that particular time and what step you can take (if that situation arises) is that you can re-submit your ads for review so that Adwords support can check the destination URLs and your ad status is regained (i.e. approved).

My 2 cents!

Pankaj