AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Will Google Representative Help if All the Ads are Deleted By Mistake!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to revet all the text ads in the accont if they are deleted by mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will Google Representative Help if All the Ads are Deleted By Mist

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Abhishek,
Actually, ads are never permanently deleted in AdWords.

If you go to the "Ads " tab and select from the button "All but deleted ads" the option "All ads", and you can at least copy-paste their text to create new ads. You can also do this using AdWords editor here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to loose the history for those ads as some of them are working on CPA bidding and as you are aware that each Ad have its own unique ID and CPA bidding works on previous history so loosing them will be a quiet big mess. Is there any way that i contact Google Rep and they will revert the delete action from the back end and my old ads would be again in active status. Has anyone tried this and succeed?

Abhishek

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Abishek,

Have you tried editor at all? If you have a previous version of the account stored in editor you may be able to fix this.

Although I haven't tried in a while, I recall being able to resurrect deleted ads via editor. You can log into editor, "get recent changes" and you may be able to see the recently deleted ads in the downloaded changes. If they do show up, you may be able to re-enable them and re-upload.

-Tommy

Edit: Dave did suggest this as well.  Smiley Happy  Kinda missed that. 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy
Its because of Adwords Editor only, i deleted all my ads by mistake. Unfortunately, no backup in Adwords editor. I want my old ads with all their previous history in active status again. Will it be possible any how, will Google Support help on this?

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ouch - never been down that road but I will offer you this. We constantly edit and change ads with minimal actual effect on the campaigns, that's a big part of optimization right.

I think it was already suggested that history doesn't disappear when you delete. It's still part of history. I do not know what the impact would be on a conversion optimizer campaign though.

Sorry bud.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Abhishek,
Just to clarify, unless you're using Flexible Bidding to ROAS or Conversion, CPA bidding takes the history of all elements of the CAMPAIGN into account. Deleting your ads doesn't have an impact on this. If you recreate your ads, they should continue where they left off (without historical data for YOU of course).

Please note that if you are using FLEXIBLE bidding strategies, this is not the case (at least I don't think it is).