AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Wild Command In Adword Heading

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I read somewhere that it is possible to have a "wild" command in an adword ad heading. I have tried to find a reference so I can use it myself, I think it was an underscore.

Any comments?

Stewart Brown

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Wild Command In Adword Heading

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, thanks but it isn't the keyword insertion that I am referring to.

I have the article now and it is google suggest wild cards. It isn't about adwords ads, it is for searches to see the most common terms searched for, not what I wanted at all.

Thanks for your time anyway, Stewart Brown

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Could you give an example about the command you'd like to run / execute?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Sure: The example I saw looked something like: "How To Start A_Business". if someone was searching for How to start a hairdressing business, "hairdressing" would be added to the heading of my ad. Have you seen this before? Thanks for taking the time, greatly appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Stewart;

I think you are referring to DKI (dynamic key Insertion)  in which the keyword which triggered the ad  is used in the heading instead of a word. (Note: not the search term is used, but rather the keyword which matched the search term.)

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, thanks but it isn't the keyword insertion that I am referring to.

I have the article now and it is google suggest wild cards. It isn't about adwords ads, it is for searches to see the most common terms searched for, not what I wanted at all.

Thanks for your time anyway, Stewart Brown