AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why would my you tube call to action overlay text fields be empty?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Situation at hand: I created an adgroup after starting a campaign. I added some keywords to this adgroup. I then created a new advertisement via adwords display ad builder. I click YouTube Promoted Videos Template and fillout the Headline and Description, Line 1 and 2. I then select a relevant youtube video from my youtube account that i uploaded to use with my ad. I make sure to SAVE the changes.

Here is an Example of the Adtext that is used on one of my ads
:

Register For Business
Free Online Business
Jobs, Business & Marketing Training

Here is the link to the video: http://youtu.be/NtinCQs9Bm4

I then go to the video in YOUTUBE and the call to action overlay is now enabled.

I edit the overlay to match the adtext in adwords and direct it to my website.

I save the Youtube Changes that i made.

So this ad was approved. It is still currently approved in my adword's campaign and adgroup.

The problem is: Days after i have saved the changes (I know i have because i am meticulous and observant as well as process orientated) the youtube call to action overlay has no headline. It has no Description line 1 NOR does it have the Description line 2 that I filled out. It also does not have the display url or the destination url that i filled out. I made sure that these changes were saved. I even played the video back, and witnessed the call to action overlay be displayed as i played back my video. I even clicked on the link and was taken to my landing page.

Now why would all of this information now be erased and be null and void?

I can attach a screenshot.

Here is the additional problem: I have many different unique ads and this has happened for every single one of these ads of this variety that i have created in each adgroup.

I have not recieved a message from google or youtube about why my call to action overlay has been erased on all of my videos and i do not want to re-do all of this work without an explanation of WHY. I do not see how i am violating any policy here, and if i was, why am i not recieving some type of support or notification from youtube or google? Why are these fields now devoid of the data that i took time to imput? I could really use some help and insight as to why this could have happened. I'm calling adwords in the morning but i was hoping a guru might be able to enlighten me. Is there something in this ad that violates some kind of policy? I can't find it if it is. Also, the scary part, why wasnt i notified and all that data is gone and deleted? I feel wronged.. Thanks again for your help and taking the time to read and respond. I'm calling them in the morning, hopefully they will provide an explanation.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why would my you tube call to action overlay text fields be empty?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

It sounds to me that you are violating the advertiser claims section of the Policy (with  text)  offering "free business".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are saying that if you try to edit the call-to-action for the video on the video editt page in YouTube and all form fields are blank, I believe that is a bug. I've looked at different CTAOs that are all running fine as you watch the video, however if you go the video info page to edit them all the form fields are blank. I've looked at different ads in different accounts in different browsers and the problem looks to be on their end.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, i called ad words today and they say all the ads are approved on their end and that nothing is in violation.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

And what did they say could be the reason?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jeff, I think you may be right, and i appreciate this feedback. If anyone else has had this problem, i think they should post so that they might be able to reference this post. I called adwords today and spoke with a girl named Danielle at 10:00 AM PST and she said that all the ads are approved. She even watched the video and said that she could even see the CTA overlay even tho when i edit the videos (yes jeff your understanding of the problem is correct) to verify information, the fields are blank. She suggested that i put in a youtube support ticket as NOBODY there at adwords knew of the solution to this dilemma. I told her that the option was only available in youtube because it was enabled in adwords..and she said yes that is correct. She still advised that i put in a support ticket for youtube as that was her temporary solution. Jeff, did your videos ever stop running the CTAO?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think if we had some more people with this experience it could be a glitch in their system....Moshe do you see the CTAO in the video i posted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A video did stop showing CTAOs but I believe that was because I'd saved an edit and the blank form fields were treated like a delete. I pasted the right info back in and saved and it's been fine since.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

>>>" told her that the option was only available in youtube because it was enabled in adwords..and she said yes that is correct. She still advised that i put in a support ticket for youtube as that was her temporary solution."

Have you tried with our colleagues at YouTube help forum?

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭