AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why to apply different Campaign Bid strategy and Ad group Bid strategy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Does anyone know why Google Provides two different Bid strategies to be set at Campaign and Ad Groups level?

For example - I set Target CPA - $3 at campaign level and then set 3 adgroups Inside this campaign with 3 different strategies

Campaign - Target CPA.pngAd Group - Bid Strategy Manager.png.How does Campaign Bids and Ad groups will work at the same time ? 

Actually at campaign level - I can see Manual CPC option to be also set and at same time at adgroup levels , I can set Target CPA price.

How is this useful in both of above cases?

Looking forward for the answers on this.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: Why to apply different Campaign Bid strategy and Ad group Bid strategy?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Enoch,

Strategy Settings are applied bottom up. So if you set a strategy at the ad group level it will use that strategy and ignore all other strategies.

So it is not the case that both strategies are used, it is simply there so that you can set certain ad groups aside from the campaign bid strategy. This allows you to set Target CPA for certain ad groups (if they qualify) and not others.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Enoch,

Strategy Settings are applied bottom up. So if you set a strategy at the ad group level it will use that strategy and ignore all other strategies.

So it is not the case that both strategies are used, it is simply there so that you can set certain ad groups aside from the campaign bid strategy. This allows you to set Target CPA for certain ad groups (if they qualify) and not others.

Hope this helps.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

The adgroup bid takes the advantage over the campaign bids and keyword bids over the adgroup bids.
So only one bid strategy comes into play at a time.
Though the bid adjustment will work along with other bid strategies.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Archit..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Clynton.