AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why the traffic estimator price different with the bid price?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Why the traffic estimator price different with the bid price?For the word delicious diabetic recipes traffic estimator is $0.25 but when i add the keyword the lst pg bid becomes $2.25?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why the traffic estimator price different with the bid price?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Traffic Estimator is a tool which gives you the suggestions on bids when you enter Max. CPC and your daily budget or atleast max. cpc. So if you keep it low, estimates would be based on that. If you increase it, you will see different estimates.

First page bid estimates are the approximate values based on your account performance what Adwords think could be bidding estimates to strive for first page search results.

So both tools are different and cannot be compared in any way as per my understanding.

I would suggest you to keep the bid according to your daily budget so that you don't end up paying for few keywords and get low traffic from other parts of your account.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Don't understand this answer!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I would suggest you to keep the bid according to your daily budget so that you don't end up paying for few keywords and get low traffic from other parts of your account

.I don't understand this answer?

Re: Don't understand this answer!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

yishunn28 wrote:

I would suggest you to keep the bid according to your daily budget so that you don't end up paying for few keywords and get low traffic from other parts of your account

.I don't understand this answer?

Hello,

What I meant in my post was that if you keep bidding for some keywords little higher and other keywords with lower bids, there are chances that you won't get much traffic to the keywords with low bids. Hence keep track of your daily budget and then allocate different bids for different keywords.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

then how much should i bid for different keywords?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Pankaj has given some great advice here already! 

In terms of what price you should bid per keyword, there isn't a set price that will give you the best performance, it's best to choose a bid that reflects the maximum you would be willing to pay for a click on your ad that was triggered by that keyword. 

How much this bid is will depend on the dynamics of your business and which elements provide you with the most revenue. It would make sense to bid higher on keywords that give you the most return on investment and lower on others. This link here will give you some help on tracking your return on investment if you would like to read any further on this. 

Does anyone else from the Community have any thoughts on this one? 

A.