AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why isn't my ad coming up in the yellow box anymore???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using Adwords for about a year now and in the past, if I type in my keyword, our ad comes up in the yellow box.  For the last month, every time I try to search, our ad doesn't seem to come up anywhere....why not?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why isn't my ad coming up in the yellow box anymore???

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi cckidzpreschool,

Are you using the Ad Preview tool, or doing a live search on Google?

If you are doing a live search on Google, results pages are customized for the user, including the ads that are shown. If you have done multiple searches for the same keyword and have not clicked on your ad, Google determines youare are not interested in the offer and they stop showing you that ad.

Always use the Ad Preview tool, it does not customize your results and it doesn't accrue impressions either. I know we like to see the ad, but if the UI reports impressions, you are getting them. There are very few good reasons to do a live search for your own keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That's right, don't use Google to look for your ads, use the preview tool. But there really is no huge need to do this, all the data you need is in your account.

You may have simply been pushed out by a competitor. Has your average position gone down? If you haven't been testing different ad variations to try and improve QS (which needs to be at least 7 by the way to be above the SERPs), you may have simply lost ranking. Competitors have come may have become better in the meantime or bid higher to outrank you, not to mention new competitors. Advertising, especially on Adwords, should not be set it and forget it. It needs to be nurtured.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

Further to the answers  by  Pete and Lucid,  please keep in mind, that you have to cross / exceed  a threshold of QS, in order for your ad  be eligible to show above the search results  (in the yellow box).

Read more:

Getting your ads above Google search results

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’