AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my managed placement ad not live?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can anybody advise me on why my ads is not shown live after 3 days. This ads is parked under managed placement display network where I specifically enter a website address recommended by adwords.

Thanks

Ahmad

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why my managed placements ads is not live?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Welcome to the Adwords Community! Smiley Happy

Why don't you try and run Placements Diagnosis to know why your ad is not showing and also suggest you steps to improve performence.

Click the Display Network tab, and then click the Placements Tab.

Under Placements tab (In Managed placements Section) - House over mouse to the speech bubble next to the status of the placements.

Find out & Fix common Placements Issues

Please let us know what warning u seeing when you mouse over to the speech bubble next to status.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha,

The speech bubble stated my ads is not showing because“I don’t have enough Google Adsense pageview yet to diagnose the combination of my current campaign settings and targeting criteria”.

What does it mean and what is the solution I have now.

Appreciate your expert advice.

Thanks

Ahmad

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It means you have to wait for more data to be gathered.

And it probably also means your targeting is a little too narrow, for example that very visitors within your geographically targeted area has visitied this webpage so far.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Usually how long to wait for the data to be gathered. FYI, before selecting specific reach for me to target specific website of my choice, I have run this campaign via broad reach and my choosen website (that website) was also included. I decided to change from broad reach to specific reach under the display network campaign was because my daily spending was high and I believe broad reach was less effective. 

Is there any other method to ensure I can run this specific reach campaign faster i.e. in the next one or two days time?

Thanks for the advice

Ahmad

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Ahmad,

I am sorry for getting back late.

Well actually you need to wait for sometime to gather some data:

1) I suggest you to check Exclusions once. 

2) Raise bids.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ahmad

Still not getting any impressions?

Do you have keywords in your ad group as well?

When you used the "broad reach" option, did your ad show on the placement you want it to show on now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes still not getting the impressions and clicks from the websites I determined.

I have the keywords in the ad group.

Yes my ad was in the placement I wanted it to be. I have been advised by google rep to change from broad reach to specific reach simply because 98% of the daily total clicks come from the display networks which I believe they are from the automatic placement and not specified by me.

Yesterday i spoke to Google again and he advised me to go back to old option i.e. broad reach instead of specific reach but at the same time asked me to determine the placements. I did it and now I noticed there are 4 clicks that come from automatic placement and not from the placement I determined.

Now i am a bit confused.

Thanks

Ahmad

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you sure that the placements you are targeting are showing ads from Google at the moment.
Can you see such ads on those placements?

Are you using text or image ads?
Are you sure that your kinds and formats of ads are eligible to show on those placements right now?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Anisirc66,

You've received a few good replies which I'm just going to build on below. 

There are a few reasons why your ads mightn't be appearing on your managed placements:

• Your placements don't accept your display ad format sizes

Make sure that the format size you selected for your ad is a size that your placements accept. For example, if you created text ads but the site you want to appear on only accepts image ads in the 250 x 300 rectangle format, your ad won't appear. Use the Placement Tool to find out what ad sizes your placements accept.

• Your keywords aren't relevant

Your ads will show on websites when the content matches your keywords. Make sure that your keywords match the content of the placements you'd like them to appear on. 

• You don't have enough managed placements

If you target your ad to just a few managed placements, you narrow the opportunities for your ad to appear. We recommend adding more placements on the same topic.

• Your bids are too low

Bidding is very competitive on the Google Display Network. If you've chosen managed placements that are very popular, but your ad group bid is very low, then your ad may not appear in those placements. You can try raising your placements bid for the entire ad group or just for the managed placement.

• Your daily budget is too low

With standard delivery campaigns, if your daily budget is low in relation to your cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding or cost-per-click (CPC) bid, our system will spread your ad delivery throughout the day to prevent you from exhausting the entire daily budget too fast. In this case, your ad won't show every time that it could. To maximize your ad visibility throughout the day, try increasing your daily budget to an amount well above your CPM or CPC bid or adjusting your bids.

I hope this helps and that you start to see more results soon!

Rachel