AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my ad not showing up in the keyword search?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the Ad Preview Diagnosticts it states that my ad is now being shown but it's not.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Why is my ad not showing up in the keyword search?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dealmakerJP,

There could be a number of reasons why your ad doesn't show up in a regular Google search when the preview tool says it is being shown. The number one reason is that Google personalizes your search results, including the ads, based on previous activity (tracked with cookies and stuff). If you search for your keywords multiple times, and your ad shows but you don't click on it, Google will stop showing you your ad.

There are other reasons--geo-targeting, budget, ad rank, etc, but that's the biggest reason to use the ad preview tool--you will see uncustomized search results. I know it's tough to hear, "You just gotta trust us!", but that's pretty much the deal. A company the size of Google has a vested interest in providing you with accurate performance data (IMHO).

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dealmakerJP,

There could be a number of reasons why your ad doesn't show up in a regular Google search when the preview tool says it is being shown. The number one reason is that Google personalizes your search results, including the ads, based on previous activity (tracked with cookies and stuff). If you search for your keywords multiple times, and your ad shows but you don't click on it, Google will stop showing you your ad.

There are other reasons--geo-targeting, budget, ad rank, etc, but that's the biggest reason to use the ad preview tool--you will see uncustomized search results. I know it's tough to hear, "You just gotta trust us!", but that's pretty much the deal. A company the size of Google has a vested interest in providing you with accurate performance data (IMHO).

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Could also be a relevance / matching issue.

If you keyword is "cars" and you sell childrens toy cars, most probably the ad will not show up when someone searches for "volvo cars".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks heaps. very helpful. i think it might be budget constraint!