AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why is call extension button not showing in my mobile ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Why does the Call Extension button not show in my Ads all the time when they appear on a smart phone? This happens even when my add is in the 1st position, and the ad below mine has the button.

Thanks,

Greg

Re: Why is call extension button not showing in my mobile ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi JGWEIR,

Are you using a google forwarding number?
If Yes then In order to show Call extension in ads text, Your ad group needs a minimum number of clicks to be able to show a Google forwarding number.
Follow the link https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

Hope this helps!

regards,
Rahul Goel

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Even if you are using call forwarding extensions, you will still be able to show a standard call extensions, if you don't qualify to show a call forwarding number.

If you are using the ad preview tool, you won't see any call extensions. If you were doing a live search, then did you see any other ad extensions?

Check your click type segments at the campaign level and see which click type has the most impressions. Are getting more sitelink or get direction impressions than click to call or phone impressions?
Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks guys for the info, I'll check it out. Forgot to mention that I am using dedicated 800 numbers from Ifbyphone. If you click on one of the ads, you go to the site and see the appropriate number allocated for PPC source. This appears to be working as expected. Just the "Call Button" appearing in the ads is random.