AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why has Google Merged Managed & Automatic placements? Whats good in it

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear experts,

I am afraid, why has Google merged automatic and managed placements though there was no need to do that. Whats good for us doing this? Please share your views.

Anand Vishwakarma
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why has Google Merged Managed & Automatic placements? Whats go

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I missed that - can I see a reference?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Moshe,

I didn't find any reference rather than an alert message that now a single column for all your placements.
 I can show you only a snapshot of my a/c. PFB

merger.PNG

Its getting hard to me manage it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Where are you seeing this list Anand?  I've just looked at one of my client Display Networks and the layout is the same as it's always been, I have a section for Managed and a section for Automatic.

I'm looking under the "Display Network" tab, "Placements" sub-level, where are you looking?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Ohhh...I don't use auto placements...I agree ...

No option to sort?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Jon,

Its under the "Display Network"-->> Placements.

The bad thing in this you can't even sort placements.. and no identification label (as earlier green and red label for included and excluded respectively). And the worst it doesn't update automatically.. you need to refresh the page each time when you include or exclude placements.

I would say worst change ever Google done in AdWords. Bit disappointed.

Anand Vishwakarma

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
MosheTLV and Cobnut have you found any reference regarding this issue? Please help me in this concern.

I'll be looking for your reply.

Thanks! 
Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Anand, I've found what you're seeing - is this on a Legacy Campaign?  Sorry for not seeing it earlier, I had to dig back through some old paused Campaigns to find a Legacy Display Campaign before I could see the change.

Well, it's a change that's been made and that's all I can say.  I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to sort them though, I'm able to sort in the usual manner by clicking the column heading.

If this is just a Legacy change - and none of my Enhanced Display Campaigns are showing this - then you'll only have to worry about it for a while longer.

I'll try and find some more details.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

No, its on enhanced campaign. I know we can sort it by clicking on status column... but all I meant to having problems in managing these placements together.

I can't separate most conversions from managed placements' and 'most conversions from automatic placements'. Its not giving easy control on best performing Managed placements and best performing automatic placements. At the moment I can't seem to split the stats for Managed & Automatic while at the same time viewing stats for most clicks in each.

Smiley Sad

Anand Vishwakarma

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

OMG! Smiley Sad

I can't see these in any of my client account so far. May be you are seeing this as you are running same campaign on both manage as well as automatic placement. And I can't see as I am running separate campaign for managed and automatic.

Edit: I am really not ready to see this in my client accounts :'(

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’