AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why don't specific phrases work?

K11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
K11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using very specific phrases with phrase match. Most of these show as 'Low search Volume' in the status. However, when i type that specific phrase into google - my ads do not show, but other peoples adds do?

Can anyone tell me why this is?

K

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why don't specific phrases work?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi k11,

Most likely the other advertisers are using a different keyword in broad match or with BMM. Try the same phrase with BMM (put + signs in front of each word in the phrase.

If you're using geographic terms in the phrase match, try using geo-targeting instead and leave those terms out of your keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi k11,

Most likely the other advertisers are using a different keyword in broad match or with BMM. Try the same phrase with BMM (put + signs in front of each word in the phrase.

If you're using geographic terms in the phrase match, try using geo-targeting instead and leave those terms out of your keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello & Welcome To Our Community

Are you using "very specific long tail keywords"? Can you give an example if possible? If these are all low-traffic keywords, it may take some time to be activated (meaning eligible to be part of the auction).

If the number of search queries for these keywords increases even a small amount, they'll be reactivated and will start triggering your ads to show again. Our system checks and updates this status once per week.

Your competitor's keyword is possibly set on "Broad Match Long Tail or In Broad Match Modifier" , allowing these very specific keywords to trigger their ads.

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine