AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why do my adds show on Apple devices and not android?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adds are showing on PC in Chrome, and Apple Ipad and on both the Apple 4S & 5. But they do not show on my Samsung 4S cell running android. I browse with Chrome which came installed on my cell.

I can not find any settings in Adwords that would allow this.

Thanks a lot in advance .. 

Re: Why do my adds show on Apple devices and not android?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael,
Are you talking about Search or Display Ads?

Without looking at your Account, kind of hard to guess why they're not showing, but if they're Search Ads, you can use Google's Ad Preview Tool and select what operating system you're on and it will hopefully give you some insights as to why you cannot see your Ads. While logged into your AdWords Account, visit this tool and select what device/operating system, and then search for your Keywords.
http://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/

A Possible reasons could be that your CPCs are not high enough, that your budget has been exhausted, but I kinda doubt those factors are in play here because you're able to see your ads on other mobile devices.  Try the Tool and see what it comes back with.  

Finally, due to what your Daily Budget is/what your Daily Impressions are/and your Campaign Ad Delivery Settings are, Google may not show your Ad for every eligible Impression, as they may throttle displaying your Ads in hopes of making your budget last longer in the day.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/37672?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for introducting me to that tool. That will help out a lot in the future.

However, when I drill down to match my phone set up the reults from the tool and my phone dont match. The tool has me at the number one spot, which seems to be correct. We always top the boards or second with all of our adds across PC and Apple. But, when I key word search from my phone we are at the very bottom of the page.

Perhaps I thought the adds were not showing, but they were. I was just looking in the wrong spot.

Why the disparity between the tool and device?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michael,
Ad positioning can rotate, especially on different devices. Keep in mind, every time your Keywords enter the Auction (every time they're searched on), position (Ad Rank) is evaluated. On mobile, sometimes your Ads will fluctuate between the top and bottom of the screen.