AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I get a "you cannot delete from adwords" message when I try to delete ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Why do I get a "you cannot delete from adwords" message when I try to delete ads?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jdalbora

To delete an ad you,  

1) Select the Ads tab and click the checkbox next to the ad you wish to delete.

2) Select Delete from the Change status drop-down menu above your ad statistics table.

You can view the Google AdWords article "Delete Your Ad" here.

As the article states, remember that "once your ad is deleted, you won't be able to recover it. However, you can still review the performance of your deleted ad by selecting All ads from the All but deleted ads drop-down menu that's above your graph." Also "Try pausing your ads rather than deleting them. You can experiment with different ad text, and you can compare how well your paused ads perform with your new ads."

This should do the trick. Do let us know how you get on.

Dave

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Why do I get a "you cannot delete from adwords" message when I try to delete ads?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jdalbora

To delete an ad you,  

1) Select the Ads tab and click the checkbox next to the ad you wish to delete.

2) Select Delete from the Change status drop-down menu above your ad statistics table.

You can view the Google AdWords article "Delete Your Ad" here.

As the article states, remember that "once your ad is deleted, you won't be able to recover it. However, you can still review the performance of your deleted ad by selecting All ads from the All but deleted ads drop-down menu that's above your graph." Also "Try pausing your ads rather than deleting them. You can experiment with different ad text, and you can compare how well your paused ads perform with your new ads."

This should do the trick. Do let us know how you get on.

Dave

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Great tips there on how to delete AdWords ads! Thanks for sharing them!

Though remember, that if you're trying to delete or pause and AdWords Express ad you would need to do that by signing into your AdWords Express account itself rather than deleting the ads through the AdWords account interface. 

Hope that helped!

A.