AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why {creative} attribute is not getting replaced by the Ad ID when using a tracking template?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I'm new using Google AdWords API, and we are building an intermediate layer to collect some statistics for the Ad Clicks.
We are trying to add a tracking template URL to an Ad, and using some attributes, something like:
http://www.example.com/?url={lpurl}&cid={campaignid}&gid={adgroupid}&adid={creative}

When I click the "Test" button, it all the tokens gets replaced by the right value, except for the {creative} token does not get replaced by the Ad ID and it gets replaced by 0

What are we doing wrong here?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why {creative} attribute is not getting replaced by the Ad ID when using a tracking template?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

You might get better suggestions if you post your question to the Google AdWords API forum.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Why {creative} attribute is not getting replaced by the Ad ID when using a tracking template?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Done, thank you!