AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I see calls in the Call Details Section?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've set up call extensions for a couple campaigns, when going through the Dimensions tab to Call Details there is no data/nothing at all shown. Did I set something up wrong?

Thanks,

- Alexa

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why can't I see calls in the Call Details Section?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Alexa,

You have requested a Google phone or you put on your phone number?

Because, only google phone show statistics on Dimensions->Call Details, if is your phone statistics shows into Ad Extension ->Call Extension.

Bye!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've requested a Google phone number..

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Alexa,

Metrics in the AdWords interface are reported with a delay, what time-interval have you selected, was it only Today ?

If your campaign is targeted at the Display Network and using a mobile bid adjustment of -100% , call extensions do not appear on desktops or tablets. Call extensions in Display should appear only on mobile ,only near text ads and only if you do not use a google number. This is kind of restrictive, but these are google rules. Hopefully your campaign is targeted at the Search Network.

This exception is explained here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3364314?hl=en&rd=1

( search for Call extensions on the Display network and expand)

"

• Call extensions targeting the Display Network will only show on high-end mobile phones, not on desktops, laptops, or tablets.These extensions do not support the use of Google forwarding numbers or the tracking of calls as conversions."

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Alexa V,

@Adrian B has a good point about the reporting delay. If you are looking at today's data then you will not see anything. Expand the date range to 30 days and see what happens.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'