AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I edit my campaigns in Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They are adwords campaigns, why can't I edit them there?  No alternative is given.  So frustrating.  An expensive waste of money so far and now I can't cancel them.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Why can't I edit my campaigns in Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi RupertWhiting,

Do you have a Places campaign or AdWords Express campaign? If so, you'll need to edit those campaigns from where they started. (The account that started the campaign)

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know. How would I find out which account I started those in?  And why can't I edit them from my main dashboard?  They have an AWX code so maybe adwords express but I can't see any reference to adwords express on the adwords page.

You know what, I found it now but that totally sucks.  So disjointed.  A really bad customer experience.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi RupertWhiting,

When you create your AdWords Express account, you will find an AdWords Express campaign in your AdWords account titled “AWX_####”. You can’t edit your “AWX_####” campaign in AdWords, but you can review the keywords, bids, and settings. To edit your AdWords Express ad or budget, sign into http://adwords.google.com/express/.

More information about AdWords Express can be found in the AdWords Express Help Centre.

I hope this helps!

Rachel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did everything you outlined, but, there is no adwords express ad running for one of my businesses and yet there is an adwords accoutn with AWX account number with an ad running that is auto billing my account that I cannot turn off.  This set up is ridiculous.  Google needs to fix this obvious error in their user interface.