AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't i have target cpa with dynamic search targets?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Anyone know the reason for this?  Screenshot attached.  I have Dynamic Ads, one of my adgroups is running custome bid (Target CPA) and I get this error when trying to create a Dynamic Target.  Any way around this?

thaks,

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 5.54.10 PM.png

Re: Why cant i have target cpa with dynamic search targets?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi TwoDoor,

Do you have Conversion Tracking set up and Conversion Optimizer enabled for the campaign?  CPA bidding is part of the Conversion Optimizer feature which requires conversion tracking.  However, it's important to note that your Conversion Tracking stats must meet some minimum requirements in order to enable the Conversion Optimization feature so you can use CPA bidding.  You can find them in the "requirements for conversion optimizer" section of the About Conversion Optimizer page.

The Optimizing your Dynamic Search Ads Campaign page mentions using Conversion Optimizer and Target CPA bids, so I believe it should be possible.

Good Luck!

Re: Why cant i have target cpa with dynamic search targets?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, i have conversion tracking set up. Conversion Optimizer can't be enabled when you are using Custom Bids.