AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Why Google doesn't shows correct product in PLA ads?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The issue is that - The PLA ads whichever are triggering on particular queries are not relevant to the product showing up for that particular search.

e.g. I am searching for a keyword - "brother 4170 toner" the other ads are triggering (4150 & Tn315) those are not relevant to that search query.

I know this is happening as I have different products in one adgroup. But All these products belongs to same family that's why I have structured the PLA campaign like that. Ideally Google should have to match the query with that particular Ad/Feed Title. But that is not happening.

Each time Google is showing the wrong products on different queries. When I contacted Adwords support representative they said that the only way is to make separate Ad groups for different product/models.

This is a big ecommerce site so this is really not a feasible process to adapt. Does anybody has any other solution?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Google doesn't shows correct product in PLA ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Atishay,

Welcome to the Adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

Yes, you have to create a multiple group with particular product eed for better optimization of PLA campaigns, where you can add the negative keyword as well. So create the new ad group and add the 4150 as negative keyword.

Please follow the below link for more info:-
http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/03/negative-keywords-for-product-listing.html

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to the excellent advice that you received I would like to direct your attention to this tutorial on how to use the AdWords editor and Excel to quickly build ad groups based on products :

http://certifiedknowledge.org/blog/how-to-create-a-state-of-the-art-pla-campaign/

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The interesting thing that I have learned about PLA is that not every product is worh promoting because you could need 50-100 clicks on an Ad in order to achieve a sale so the product has to have a profit margin that allows promotion in adwords .

At least when you have every product in it's ad group you can control bidding separately also by importing a CSV with different bids from the AdWords editor. 

There are very few good articles about PLA on the internet , Rakesh is an esteemed member of the forum who also wrote a successful article about the Keyword planner.

Maybe he can help everybody by writing an article in the community about how to build a Product listing ads campaign, in a profitable manner. I trust his elegant and concise style of writing.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Rakesh for the welcome Smiley Happy

Also, Thanks for answering me, you are right with your words, But for that I need to restructure all my ad groups and have to break one in to many.

This will create millions of Adgroups as I have so many different products related to same family. The only question that I have is why google doesn't match the particular search query with the title of your product.

My experience says that Google PLA ads are not so effective in terms of control and optimize your ads as compared to normal Adwords text ads.

Thanks again for the response!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,

You did it!! You know when I was searching for the solution on google, I ended up at the same link as you have mentioned.

Also, my manager has shared the same link for the same discussion. I think this is the only way we can setup our PLA ads for a site having so many online products to sell.

Many thanks for sharing this!! Also looking forward for other responses!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Adrian,

Yes you are right, there are a few good articles on PLA on Google.

Yes in PLA not every product is worth but still we need to pay for that click as well if its in the same adgroup.

Hoping to see some article from Rakesh on setting up big PLA campaign where you have more than 60,000 or more products.