AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Which type of campaign should i use? My agency books celebrity chefs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to understand between the options of ads how I can best find results for my small agency that looks for companies and PR agencies searching for celebrity chefs.  We consult them on the right chef for PR, appearances, endorsements, licensing, cooking demos, etc.   Pls any advice?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which type of campaign should i use? My agency books celebrity che

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure what you mean by "options of ads", so I'll give you some general advice and if you can come back with some more details we may be able to help more.

Firstly, you'll be looking to use a Search Campaign rather than a Display Campaign.  In the case of your business your (potential) customers are most definitely searching for something and are highly unlikely to be "casual" buyers so the Search Network is going to be the right place to advertise.

Secondly, you need to make sure, before you spend a single penny with AdWords, that your website is running properly, that you have Google Analytics running on it, correctly, and that your methods of contact are clear and all working.  Once you have opened an AdWords Account (if you haven't already) the first thing you should do is consider what your "conversions" are going to be.  In this case you won't be making a "sale" online, I imagine potential customers will contact you by email or phone and you'll finalise a contract from that point.  I'd suggest attaching conversion code to a form through which potential customers contact you.  If you get sufficient business it may be worth looking at a managed phone service to track online calls.

As for how you target your Ads, that really depends on who you have on your books.  If you've got chefs with a well-recognised name it's probably worth using Keywords related to their names.  If all your chefs are less well-known you'll have to use more generic Keywords.

Come back to us with some more specific questions and we'll try and help some more.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jon,

Thanks for the response.  The site works www.celebritychefnetwork.com   The contact info seems clear.

We do not exclusively rep the Chefs.  We rep companies that find us and want to hire these chefs if that makes sense?  Like a speakers bureau as an example.

This is not a huge space as an example if we were selling cook books.   But the traffic when we get it is very solid and the close rate/commissions are significant enough that i can run my business of 2 employees and me.  I want to grow that lead base/pipeline.

So PR agencies, companies, tradeshows, etc., when they search either for a chef directly or for generic terms like Hire A Celebrity Chef, we are found.   The site is good and getting better.

We are adding video and social media scores for the chefs....

Evan

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Evan, yes, your site looks quite nice, although I was able to break it immediately just by typing "Lorraine" into the search box.  Presumably you have no chefs by that name but the page doesn't complete loading and the results area just says

Your search for "lorraine" returned results

without then saying anything else.  I don't want to sound picky but it's this sort of thing that can affect your conversion rate.  If someone searches for a particular chef they're looking for it's one thing for the site to say "Sorry, we have no results for that search, please try again.", it's another for the site just to appear to stop working.

On the AdWords side I'd still go with celebrity names as some Keyword - though you may have problems with trademark issues.  Yes, you should certainly look at more generic terms as well but make sure you don't go too precise, or too broad., there will be a fine line...

Personally, I'm not sure how much the video and social will help the site.  If I wanted to book a celebrity - any celebrity, chef or actor or whatever - I'm only going to want to book someone I already know, that's the whole point of hiring a celebrity.  I won't need to see a video of them or read their Facebook page, I want to book Lorraine Pascale because that's who I want.  If I can't afford her I'll have another name in mind, I'm unlikely to just pick a name I don't recognise and hire them because they look good in a video.

Do you record the searches made on your site?  If you do, I presume you're working behind the scenes to make sure you get a listing for the people who are searched for most frequently...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon

Let me check on the Lorraine search question.   I agree.  As for finding the chef you want, most lead with their memories not their wallets.  so they ask for an Iron Chef or a famous chef only to find out that their #15k USD doesnt get it done.  Than they need us to help.  We do that all day.

Ill also check about recording visitors.  Not aware of that....  That would be useful.

Again, i am still unsure what i should use in a google campaign.  Y0u are correct, i would never buy a chef's name on Google ad words.... 

Appreciate any insight.

Evan