AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Which ads show on mobile device having call facility?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I have created two Campaigns for search ads, one search with all features and second one is Search with call only. Than created an ad group with mobile ads.

Which ads show on mobile device having call facility?

Note: All attributes are same like (CPC, Quality Score etc.)

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which ads show on mobile device having call facility?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Daisy M,

Call-Only Ads will show up only on the devices that can make phone calls. But the ads from your first campaign can show across all devices whether they can make phone calls or not.

Hence, there would be a conflict between the two campaigns on the devices that can make phone calls. Why? Because ads from both the campaigns have same set of keywords/bids/qs/targets. 

How to avoid it?

It can be avoided to a greater extent by using a negative device bid modifier for normal search campaign. You can set a device bid modifier for mobiles at -100%. It will make sure your campaigns do not compete with each other on mobile devices. 

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.