AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Which Conversion Google look at if we have 2 conversion tracking code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up 2 conversion tracking code on my website, one for Registration and one for Application. What if I use CPA, which Conversion is Google looking at? or it will consider both?

Where can I get number of conversions (1-per-click) by Conversion Name in Google Adwords?. Cause under Tools & Analysis tab, I can only check Conversion (Many-per-click) not (1-per-click) by 2 conversion names I set (registration & application).  Please help ! Many thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSVN
September 2015

Re: Which Conversion Google look at if we have 2 conversion tracking c

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Yes, with CPA bidding, it till consider both conversion types.

To get the number of conversion segmented by conversion type, use the "Segment" dropdown. However, I think it has been flawed by some kind of bug lately cause I know in some accounts I tried to use it it did´nt apply. Not sure why

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"What I expected was to know the segment by conversion name from Conversion (1-per-click) which Google use to calculate CPA"

This option is not available in the interface, adwords will only show you data under the column "Many per click conversions" . The segment "conversion name" for the "1-per-click" column will show blank data.

However when you select to use the CPA auto-optimizer for the "1 per click conversion" it will optimise for that, as it states in this window :

Conversions-many-or-one-per-click.png

I don't think they explain how they choose to set the CPA for the 1-per-click conversion optimisation and it cannot be a simple average from all the many-per-click conversions since they can have different values.

However it is best to let it optimise for the many-per-click simply because users behave differently.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Yes, with CPA bidding, it till consider both conversion types.

To get the number of conversion segmented by conversion type, use the "Segment" dropdown. However, I think it has been flawed by some kind of bug lately cause I know in some accounts I tried to use it it did´nt apply. Not sure why

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,
Thank you so much for answers. Sorry if I am asking silly question cause I am quite new in this Google AdWords thing. I did what you advised, and it segmented into Conversion type but under "View-through Conversion". What I expected was to know the segment by conversion name from Conversion (1-per-click) which Google use to calculate CPA (Cost/Conversion 1-per-click - which makes sense to my website).

I'm trying to make a link from Conversion in Google to our website tracking tools. Cause so far we have:
-Conversions
-Conversion (1-per-click)
-Conversion (Many-per-click)
-Conversion under Tools&Analysis
-View-through conversion

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I have a simpler question here: How can we segment or break down Conversion (1-per-click) by Conversion name? Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"What I expected was to know the segment by conversion name from Conversion (1-per-click) which Google use to calculate CPA"

This option is not available in the interface, adwords will only show you data under the column "Many per click conversions" . The segment "conversion name" for the "1-per-click" column will show blank data.

However when you select to use the CPA auto-optimizer for the "1 per click conversion" it will optimise for that, as it states in this window :

Conversions-many-or-one-per-click.png

I don't think they explain how they choose to set the CPA for the 1-per-click conversion optimisation and it cannot be a simple average from all the many-per-click conversions since they can have different values.

However it is best to let it optimise for the many-per-click simply because users behave differently.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, your answers helped me realize that I cannot segment 1-per-click Conversion. I don't have to wander around, looking for answers. Smiley Happy Really appreciate it.

As Google explained, "1-per-Click" is used for Signup tracking. "Many-per-click" would mean for sales tracking. In my case, I just wish to look at Signup only (i used tracking code name Signup) & also the first time apply (i used tracking code name "applications". one signup can apply several times. so, if I can breakdown conversion "1-per-click" I may narrow down the number, which can help me to track first time apply .)

So, what I want is to let Google optimize for 1-per-click only, which we are using.