AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Which Conversion Google look at if we have 2 conversion tracking code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up 2 conversion tracking code on my website, one for Registration and one for Application. What if I use CPA, which Conversion is Google looking at? or it will consider both?

Where can I get number of conversions (1-per-click) by Conversion Name in Google Adwords?. Cause under Tools & Analysis tab, I can only check Conversion (Many-per-click) not (1-per-click) by 2 conversion names I set (registration & application).  Please help ! Many thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSVN
September 2015

Re: Which Conversion Google look at if we have 2 conversion tracking c

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Yes, with CPA bidding, it till consider both conversion types.

To get the number of conversion segmented by conversion type, use the "Segment" dropdown. However, I think it has been flawed by some kind of bug lately cause I know in some accounts I tried to use it it did´nt apply. Not sure why

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"What I expected was to know the segment by conversion name from Conversion (1-per-click) which Google use to calculate CPA"

This option is not available in the interface, adwords will only show you data under the column "Many per click conversions" . The segment "conversion name" for the "1-per-click" column will show blank data.

However when you select to use the CPA auto-optimizer for the "1 per click conversion" it will optimise for that, as it states in this window :

Conversions-many-or-one-per-click.png

I don't think they explain how they choose to set the CPA for the 1-per-click conversion optimisation and it cannot be a simple average from all the many-per-click conversions since they can have different values.

However it is best to let it optimise for the many-per-click simply because users behave differently.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Yes, with CPA bidding, it till consider both conversion types.

To get the number of conversion segmented by conversion type, use the "Segment" dropdown. However, I think it has been flawed by some kind of bug lately cause I know in some accounts I tried to use it it did´nt apply. Not sure why

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,
Thank you so much for answers. Sorry if I am asking silly question cause I am quite new in this Google AdWords thing. I did what you advised, and it segmented into Conversion type but under "View-through Conversion". What I expected was to know the segment by conversion name from Conversion (1-per-click) which Google use to calculate CPA (Cost/Conversion 1-per-click - which makes sense to my website).

I'm trying to make a link from Conversion in Google to our website tracking tools. Cause so far we have:
-Conversions
-Conversion (1-per-click)
-Conversion (Many-per-click)
-Conversion under Tools&Analysis
-View-through conversion

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I have a simpler question here: How can we segment or break down Conversion (1-per-click) by Conversion name? Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"What I expected was to know the segment by conversion name from Conversion (1-per-click) which Google use to calculate CPA"

This option is not available in the interface, adwords will only show you data under the column "Many per click conversions" . The segment "conversion name" for the "1-per-click" column will show blank data.

However when you select to use the CPA auto-optimizer for the "1 per click conversion" it will optimise for that, as it states in this window :

Conversions-many-or-one-per-click.png

I don't think they explain how they choose to set the CPA for the 1-per-click conversion optimisation and it cannot be a simple average from all the many-per-click conversions since they can have different values.

However it is best to let it optimise for the many-per-click simply because users behave differently.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, your answers helped me realize that I cannot segment 1-per-click Conversion. I don't have to wander around, looking for answers. Smiley Happy Really appreciate it.

As Google explained, "1-per-Click" is used for Signup tracking. "Many-per-click" would mean for sales tracking. In my case, I just wish to look at Signup only (i used tracking code name Signup) & also the first time apply (i used tracking code name "applications". one signup can apply several times. so, if I can breakdown conversion "1-per-click" I may narrow down the number, which can help me to track first time apply .)

So, what I want is to let Google optimize for 1-per-click only, which we are using.