AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Where's my campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get a monthly email containing account performance, monthly cost, tips, tricks, etc but when I click on the link to go to my campaign, it brings me to a page to create a new campaign. How do I get to the campaign that Is supposedly running and costing me money every month but I can't edit it or anything?

Re: Where's my campaign?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Ed,

What is the source of this email you receive? Is it from Google or are you using a 3rd party management source?

Did you create the account yourself? or is it an Adwords Express account?

I assume you are seeing an Adwords Express Account that give you Limited Options
Here are help desk information about Adwords Express
https://support.google.com/adwords/express/?hl=en#topic=1725633

If it not an Adwords Express account, You should see a top level menu that says
Home - Campaigns - Opportunities - Tools

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ed,

If you have access to adwords account, then when you try to click on the link from the email, you may not be able to access it because you are already logged in to gmail account that is different from the email through which you access to your adwords account.

e.g. you received the email containing accounts performance report on abc@gmail.com and you are logged in to this account currently. And your Adwords account is created using the email xyz@gmail.com . So, when you are already logged in with abc@gmail.com and then click on the link in the mail containing report it will always ask you to create new campaign because there is no adwords account created using abc@gmail.com. If you have adwords login details better try to login in different browser and then copy that email link and open in that browser. It should work.

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did create the account myself, not Adwords Express, I do have the top level menu you mention but it only brings me to a page to create a new campaign. Thx anyway

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have only one gmail account. When I follow the link in the email it takes me to a page to create a new campaign but in the upper right hand corner shows my customer i.d.# and the connected gmail account.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ed,

Can you check the same by logging in to Adwords Editor? If you have the campaigns already setup all those should get downloaded in Adwords Editor.

And can you please try to log in to your account after clearing cache or login to new incognito window or on browser where you have not opened this account before? But still you shouldn't be getting a page asking you to create new campaign.

Can you also verify that it's the same customer id that you used to see after login, previously?

Regards,
Ashish

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cleared cache and tried to open in incog window - same result. Takes me
to a page to start a campaign but no trace of my existing campaign. As far
as the i.d. # being the same as previous I have no idea. Why would it have
a differnet i.d.# but have the correct connected gmail account?

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ed,

Did you try downloading your account in Adwords Editor? If you do not see your campaigns after downloading the account through Adwords Editor then it is sure there are no campaigns associated with the email that you are logging in.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not download into Editor. The page there says it is for large ads or
multiple ads. I have one very small ad. If there is not and ad associated
with the email address why would I get a bill for it every month?

--

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
Ed,

At this point I suggest you call the AdWords customer support phone number at :
Call us at: +1-866-246-6453
9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday

They can see your account, where as we are just User to user help and can't see or access your account. You will need your client ID number and email address that you used to set up the account to verify you are the owner when you call.

I tried calling you, just to offer assistance, but got your machine on both land line and cell, to attempt to talk you through this, but A call by you to customer service will be your best bet.

PS. Please Edit your post above in which you are giving Personal phone numbers and information, that is against the TOS of this community, Nor would you want to be spammed because this is a public forum. The moderators will probably go in an wipe that if they get to it first, but in the future no Phone numbers etc . OK Smiley Happy