AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Where is a Pause option or execution no. limit for an Automated rule

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've found that an automated rule for increasing keywords to top of page bid runs continuosly even if the campaign itself is stopped. I didn't manage to find an option or condition in the automated rule menu to stop it from running when the campaign is not running.

Is there any option or way to stop daily automated rules in the way I want ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Where is a Pause option or execution no. limit for an Automated ru

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello. Use a workaround. Only run the rule if the impressions from the previous day > 0. It will run one extra day but then the next day won't run anymore.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello. Use a workaround. Only run the rule if the impressions from the previous day > 0. It will run one extra day but then the next day won't run anymore.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Excelent ideea.

I had 5 campaigns with 6 rules and was receiving 30 emails a days. That was a joy until I paused 2 campaigns and I started to notice that was hard to sort from the useful emails and the non-useful ones.

The automated rule doesn't even say in the subject for what campaign it made the changes, my first instinct was to delete emails based on campaign name from the last week.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Glad it helped. I'm not using them much. Only for periods when I can't have a look at the accounts.