AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Where are the pixels placed? (remarketin/conversion)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In a 4 year old AdWords account I'm trying to clean up all the different conversion tags  and remarketing tags. The previous accountmanager didn't described all the tags very well and Im having trouble to find out where the tags are placed for which purpose.

AdWords does provide some data to determine if a tag is active or not (not verified tag, no recent conversion, no audience build up etc), but still you don't know if the code (snippet/tag) is still active on a certain low traffic page or has been removed from the website / Google Tag Manager. 

With google tag assistent you can only view the conversion_ID which is the same for +30 different remarketing tags and +30 conversion tags. So I can't determine which specific tag is used on which page.

So what I want to figure out is which tag is placed on which page. Are there any best practices sort this mess of conversion/remarketing pixels Smiley Happy?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where are the pixels placed? (remarketin/conversion)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

If it were me, I would ask the website manager to send me a list of the AdWords tags currently installed on the website, together with the URLs for the pages where they're active.

Just a thought.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*