AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

When you pay after a call only ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We started to build a Call Only campaign set in a Romanian account. That means no Google Voice available. 

We had 7 calls today and seen only 1 in the call tracker software. 

A colleague of the client who lives in Romania did a test with a real (active) ad. He were delivered to the call screen of his phone. He had to push the green call button to initiate the call.

Please tell me, when do we pay after a Call Only ad? When it's being clicked or when its being called in real?

Thanks in advance,

Elod

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: When you pay after a call only ad

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Elod,

For both call only ads and call extensions, a click is recorded (and charged) as soon as a user clicks on it. However, as you rightly said, that click leads to the dial screen with the number ready. A user has to push the dial button again for the call to get connected.

There are actually two clicks required (one on the ad/extn and the other to connect the call) to reach the business, but the probability of users dropping off at that point is assumed to be (and actually in most cases) negligible.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Elod,

For both call only ads and call extensions, a click is recorded (and charged) as soon as a user clicks on it. However, as you rightly said, that click leads to the dial screen with the number ready. A user has to push the dial button again for the call to get connected.

There are actually two clicks required (one on the ad/extn and the other to connect the call) to reach the business, but the probability of users dropping off at that point is assumed to be (and actually in most cases) negligible.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

The thing is I was close to be sure this is the work around. However we have this embarrassing 8 call and 1 visible call thing.
What do you suggest, where shall we follow the investigation?
Do you have any exact data about the bounce rate on the dial panel?

Thanks for your time!
Elod

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am from Romania an so far from a small sample of clicks on a "call only ad" campaign , we registered around 90-95 % abandon rate on the dial stage so I need around 10 to 20 clicks required for 1 complete call.At least the clicks are cheap in my case Smiley Happy

The phone number we use is unique for that campaign, not published anywhere else on the web, an almost new prepay phone card.