AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

When we use the ads customizers why we have to have at least one standard ad in adgroup?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ads Customization With Target Keyword and Target location .

2 Expert replyverified_user

When we use the ads customizers why we have to have at least one standard ad in adgroup?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashwini M,

Ad customizers take your text ad and adapts it to the various searches taking place. If you did not include one text ad in the ad group using this feature... what would AdWords be customizing? 

If you think about it like that, I think it will make sense. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @J Clemens,

Thanks For  Yr Reply .

But  i have a doubt , as you said that it uses the text  ads to customize then what exactly the role of ads customizers sheet (in Business Data) which is created specially to assign the value while create the ad.

Like -  {=sheet.Attribute name} and  so on.

Hope you understand what i m exactly  wanted to ask.

Thanks and Regards

Ashwini

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashwini M
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashwini M,

I understand your concern.

Business data is where you provide and manage data sources for ads, extensions, and targeting. You’ll upload some of these sources yourself. Other sources, like phone numbers and sitelinks from your ad extensions, are added in by AdWords.

Ad customizers are parameters that adapt your text ad to the context of a user’s search (for ads on the Search Network), or the website someone’s browsing (for ads on the Display Network).

• Ad customizers work using ad customizer data that dynamically updates ad text.
  • You upload your ad customizer data within the Business data section of your Shared library.

Now, when you read that from AdWords, it states again that it updates ad text... it does not create it from scratch. You can read all about this AdWords feature here

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @J Clemens,

Thank you so  much for clarification and guiding me .

Regards

Ashwini Mishra

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashwini M,

You are very welcome. We are happy to provide assistance and wish you the very best.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashwini M,

You mentioned - "When we use the ads customizers why we have to have at least one standard ad in adgroup?

Perhaps you're referencing this:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6093368?hl=en&ref_topic=6031980

"You'll need to include a text ad within the same ad group as any ads with customizers in order for AdWords to show your customized ads."

In each ad group where you are including ads that are making use of ad customizers, you must include a 'standard' (non customized) text ad.  You need to do this for a number of reasons but most importantly, if your customizer data ends or there is an issue, the standard ad can run in its place.  It's a standby/backup ad to supplement the ads that are making use of customizers.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Because if your ad customizer won't qualify to be shown for particular situation (ex. you using US city name in headlines as a customizer, and one city name is "Tacoma", which is a no-no being a Toyota's car model name, believe it or notSmiley Happy, then AdWords has to have a default ad to show.