AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

When I change the zip code, it won't save/take effect.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're in rural WV, and a few of my offices still have old postal addresses that won't even show up on Places or GPS. We're talking about offices where the only reason we get mail is because it's been the same mail guy for 50 years. Anyway.

One of my offices finally got a "real" address, and it's a different zip code than what I setup the Places listing with. I go to edit, change it, hit save, and it's back to the old one when I check. I've tried giving it some time (a week) and it never goes to the new one.

I suspect this is why this location is the only one not linking properly to my "locations ad extension" in my Adwords account.

Advice?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When I change the zip code, it won't save/take effect.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Tim, 

This sounds tricky because it's not that your entire address has changed, just one part of it. That might be causing the delay. I have passed your information onto our AdWords Support team who will be able to help you with getting this resolved. 

Let us know if you have any questions about this, 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hannah,

Thanks so much for the reply. Have you managed to get any feedback from the Support Team? I've yet to figure out how to get the changes to save. Thanks again.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hey Tim, 

Sorry for the delay. I've been in touch with the Support team again who have informed me that they will be emailing you soon. 

Let me know if you have any further issues with this. 

Hannah