AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Whats the best type of campaign to target mobile users.

N/A
# 1
N/A

I have created a standard campaign to advertise our latest free mobile app. It is not enhanced as I only wanted to target mobile phone and tablet users and this was the only setting I could find that eliminated computer users. I want to set a start and end date, which I think I did when I set it up but I can longer find or see these settings. What is the best way to target my audience with regards to settings.

Re: Whats the best type of campaign to target mobile users.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

You should upgrade to enhanced campaign, set mobile bids high, and then add a digital content add to promote your app (you can select operating system within these options).

Therefore, if the only ad you have is an App Promotion Ad, you're not going to get any traffic from desktops etc... also you could create a normal ad but select the mobile prefernce tick bock in the editing section of an ad, but be warned this only optimises the ad for mobile and doesn't neccessarily exclude it from desktop and tablet.

So the safest and best option is just to do the enhanced campaign with digital content app promotion ad, in my opinion.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re: Whats the best type of campaign to target mobile users.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

aha! Good news my friend. I have since learned that checking the mobile tick box in your edit ad option DOES limit your ad to only showing on mobile devices.

This is great news, thanks to Cobnut for informing me.

Cheers

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+