AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What type of Adword Banners are these?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to replicate a competitors google display ad type, but am not sure what type of graphic this is. I know it is not a gif. In regards to having my designer create these ads, I  am unsure of what to tell them in regards to the banner type and this type of ad would have. Screenshots of the ad banner types can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWZ9ntE5aZIwi0SUp-NKsgyyFlWeIg32W

1 Expert replyverified_user

What type of Adword Banners are these?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sandra Z,

Looks like TrueView video discovery ads. This format is formerly known as “TrueView in-display ads.” 

When should I use it?

• Use this format to promote a video in places of discovery, including next to related YouTube videos, as part of a YouTube search result, or alongside other content across the Display Network.

How does it work?

• Your ad consists of a thumbnail image from your video with some text. While the exact size and appearance of the ad may vary depending on where it appears, video discovery ads always invite people to click to watch the video. The video then plays on the YouTube Watch page or on your channel page.

Where can the ads appear?

• On YouTube search results
  • Alongside related YouTube videos
  • On the YouTube homepage
  • As an overlay on a YouTube watch page
  • On video partner sites and apps across the Display Network

How will I be charged?

• You’ll be charged only when viewers choose to watch your ad by clicking the thumbnail.

Kind Regards,

James