AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What's the impact of AdGroup.ContentBidCriterionTypeGroup ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question about AdGroup.ContentBidCriterionTypeGroup.

In my account, I have several search only campaign with remarketing list. 

The ad groups under these campaigns have USER_INTEREST_AND_LIST as AdGroup.ContentBidCriterionTypeGroup value.

When I tried to set max cpc of keywords under these ad groups in my Adwords Script, I got following errors:

Method setCpc() threw the following exception: Custom bidding must be enabled for Keywords in this ad group before setting max. CPC

Expert from Adwords Script Forum pointed out I need to change AdGroup.ContentBidCriterionTypeGroup to enable custom bidding for keywords.

But according to the Adwords API document

"This is only applicable for campaigns that target only the content network and not search."

That was strange. So I wonder what's the impact of set AdGroup.ContentBidCriterionTypeGroup in a search only campaign with remarketing list ? 

Thanks !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What's the impact of AdGroup.ContentBidCriterionTypeGroup ?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Wang,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I apologize that you haven't received an answer sooner, but this Community is more intended for questions from advertisers working within the AdWords interface. I think you'll be more likely to get an answer to your question through following up in the API forum, where you posted before.

Thanks,
Cassie