AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What's the easiest way to set up a client with Adwords (we already have an account of our own).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an Adwords account. We would like to set up a client with an account of their own (using a Google Engage coupon code and the client's billing information instead of ours).

Does this require me to create a gmail account for the client, or can I set up their Adwords using our account and their billing information? We will be the ones administrating their account.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: What's the easiest way to set up a client with Adwords (we already have an account of our own).

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Midwest,

You should get an MCC account ASAP if you're managing multiple accounts.

I personally, always prefer to set up a new account separate from my MCC for numerous reasons.  I usually create a new gmail account for the new AdWords account and then link it back to my MCC.  You can then provide access to the customer as you see fit.  The one thing you should be aware of is analytics linking, whatever email has admin access to AdWords will need Admin access to Analytics for proper linking.

Technically, you can create a client account directly via MCC and contol billing etc...but I'm unsure about how the separation process works, if it comes to that.

We work fully transparent and allow full access to all clients so this method works great for us.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: What's the easiest way to set up a client with Adwords (we already have an account of our own).

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Great ideas from Tommy there! 

This link here will help you set up a MCC account (this acts a bit like an umbrella account where you can house all your client's acounts and access them in one place). 

Hope this helps! Any other queries, just ask!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Midwest,

You should get an MCC account ASAP if you're managing multiple accounts.

I personally, always prefer to set up a new account separate from my MCC for numerous reasons.  I usually create a new gmail account for the new AdWords account and then link it back to my MCC.  You can then provide access to the customer as you see fit.  The one thing you should be aware of is analytics linking, whatever email has admin access to AdWords will need Admin access to Analytics for proper linking.

Technically, you can create a client account directly via MCC and contol billing etc...but I'm unsure about how the separation process works, if it comes to that.

We work fully transparent and allow full access to all clients so this method works great for us.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Great ideas from Tommy there! 

This link here will help you set up a MCC account (this acts a bit like an umbrella account where you can house all your client's acounts and access them in one place). 

Hope this helps! Any other queries, just ask!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Midwest,

I completely agre with Tommy. This is the same practice we follow. Get yourself and MCC.

To answer your question, Yes. Create separate Gmail IDs and ence separate AdWords acounts for your clients and link then back to your MCC. This ensures that you can give complete access to your client.

If and when you stop working with that client(hopefully never!), all you need to do is unlink your MCC from that individual account. 

This makes it clean & easy to link and unlink accounts.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!