AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What's The Best Approach For Showing Ads For Lots Of Different Service Areas In Ad Groups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm looking to run ads for domestic services in the Uk, such as electricians, plumbers, kitchens and bathrooms.

This is my set up

Campaign = Electricians

And inside of the campaign i have set up different ad groups for each location the electrical service covers.

But i was wondering if it was possible to have more than one location in the same ad group

Is the google adwords algorithm clever enough to display the most relevant ad?

Or is it right to set up a different ad group for each service location as best practice?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What's The Best Approach For Showing Ads For Lots Of Different Service Areas In Ad Groups?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello NICHOLASM25; welcome;

Quote:

But i was wondering if it was possible to have more than one location in the same ad group

Geo-targeting (location targeting), is set at the campaign level, NOT at the ad group level. So, you'll have to set a separate campaign for every location targeted.

Read More:

Target ads to a specific geographic location

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722043

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: What's The Best Approach For Showing Ads For Lots Of Different Service Areas In Ad Groups?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello NICHOLASM25

I will give you a complete strategy for this.

First you need to understand some business aspects-

1. Your Budget

2. Your Objectives

3. Expansion Room If it really works out

Now The Strategy

Location based adgroups are not possible in Adwords.

So create Location Based campaigns.

This would be a huge task. You might have to build for a lot of cities. But in the end it would be fruitful. Simple Reason - You get location based extensions, sitelinks, call extensions for every campaign. You can exclude all other locations and only target on one single location.

Now if you have a city in a state or a county in a city or a region in a city, you can even disintegrate campaigns based on locations. This would really help you a lot in the long term. But the current advantages would be everything - saving by targeting only relevant traffic, serving relevant location based ads. If you are generating leads for businesses based on specific geographies, always create location based campaigns.

Last but not the least you will have good, targeted and tightly themed keyword structure.

Go For Location Based Campaigns. My persona suggestion. It is working for me and has always worked.

Thanks,

Chetan