AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What is this URL from display network?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi folks,

For my automatic placements on the display network I see a handful of URLs that look like this: "a4f2860b19279d5e.anonymous.google"

And the # impressions is not bad for my small soccer school!  

Anyone have insights regarding where the ads are showing?

THANKS, Chris

(As seen on the report showing:  Your ads appeared on the placements listed below. You can add a placement from the list to your managed placements, or you can exclude a placement if you'd like to prevent your ad from appearing on that placement.)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What is this URL from display network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

From this page:  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2471191 here is a snippet that may answer your question.

"You might see placements marked as "123456.anonymous.google" in your results. Some publishers choose to offer placements anonymously and not disclose their site names to advertisers. Even though the publisher and website remain anonymous, you will still have access to the reporting statistics from the ad placement."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

From this page:  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2471191 here is a snippet that may answer your question.

"You might see placements marked as "123456.anonymous.google" in your results. Some publishers choose to offer placements anonymously and not disclose their site names to advertisers. Even though the publisher and website remain anonymous, you will still have access to the reporting statistics from the ad placement."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

that is interesting.  leaves questions abour performance measurement, such as:  Why is/was the site prividing successful converions, or not?

THANK YOU! (again)