AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What is the use of Remarketing Audiences in analytics?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Please let me what is the use of creating a list of Remarketing Audiences in google analytics. And is it necessary to have a existing  PPC adwords campaign specially display Ad campaign to create a Remarketing Audiences in google analytics.

Please advice, as one of my client is asking me create the Remarketing Audiences in google analytics for the campaigns, even which are not having running PPC campaign?

Thanking you in anticipation

Gagan 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the use of Remarketing Audiences in analytics?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Gagan

It is not compulsory to implement your remarketing campaigns using Google analytic. However GA does have much more combination options to create advance audience lists.

If you only looking for a basic remarketing strategy you can continue running it through adwords, however if you would like to go in to advance level targeting I may suggest you to try GA audience lists.

Read here more about 5 sample useful lists u can use with GA

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/5-incredibily-useful-remarketing-lists-import-analytics/109240/

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Gagan

About Remarketing Audiences in Google Analytics
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

The Why
The remarking campaign allows you to Target those prior visitors with your ad creative or text ad. It usually has a better conversion as people should be familiar with the product or service and recognize the brand and potentially come back and utilize the service/ buy the product

The How
Basically you are capturing cookies of people that visit the website from any source or medium. The list is created, and then can be applied to the Adword Display Remarketing campaign. You have the options to segment lists and apply situation parameters such as visited this page, but not that page, Added to cart, but not purchase etc. etc etc

The When:
In order to use it, you have to have adwords campaign running. But creating the list in advance of running the remarketing campaigns is a semi normal practice because you need to capture X amount of users before the campaign can run.

So create the list, and you will probably then gain a customer for Adwords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Nisal
Please explain me one more thing. To create ist of Remarketing Audiences in google analytics, it is necessary to have an adwords accounts as well ??
Thanks

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Gagan

Yes you need an adwords account to create and use remarketing lists in GA