AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What is the "View-through conversion"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can anyone elaborate for me what does the "View-through conversion" mean & what is the difference between it & the

"Click-through-Conversion" ? And which one is the best to choose when I setup my conversion tracking? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the "View-through conversion"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

"A View-through Conversion happens when a customer sees an image or rich media ad, then later completes a conversion on your site. This is different from a Click-through Conversion, which happens when a customer had previously clicked on an ad (such as on the Google Search or the Google Display Network) and then completed a conversion on your site."

more data on conversion types here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I'd just add that you don't "choose" conversion types when setting them up - at least not in this way.  These different forms of conversion are about how they interact with the customer, not the conversion code itself.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

PPCBUILDER and CObnut are absolutely right.

What more I can add is. voew-through-conversion will apply only when you are targeting display network (with search network or only display network). This gives you the idea of conversion which happened within 30 days of an ad impression in diplay network. It can be text or image or video ad, but that should happen only in display network advertisement.

You can't select the type of conversion either view-through or click-through, this is the target network which will impact this statistics.

Regards,

Foyzul